Join the Sunfest Celebration
How do you fit into Sunfest?
- You have an existing event during the Sunfest dates (July & August)
- You have an event close to Sunfest dates that you might wish to reschedule in order to be Sunfest participants;
- You would like to create a new Sunfest event;
- You would like to partner with an existing or new partner to run an event;
- You have participated in a past Sunfest events and would like to continue.
What are the benefits of joining Sunfest?
Sunfest events are advertised to thousands of residents in the Greater Victoria area through a variety of local media including:
- The Saanich Active Living Guide which is distributed to 35,000 households and a total of 55,000 copies distributed local businesses, Community Centres and Libraries
- A 16 page insert in the Saanich News distributed to 35,000 households
- Events will be posted to the Community Calendar on the Saanich website as well as list here on the Sunfest website.
What are you required to do?
- Promote your event as a Sunfest event by distributing Sunfest promotional materials.
- Include the Sunfest logo on all your event promotional materials.
- Notify the Special Events Programmer of any changes or cancellations as early as possible.
- Allow a Sunfest activity or promotional booth at your event. This option is not available to all Sunfest events.
How do you get started?
- All events that take place within a Saanich Park will require a Park Permit and insurance. Park permits are booked through the Saanich Parks office which is located at 1040 MacKenzie Avenue. 250.475.5522
- Complete the online Sunfest Application Form. Once the form has been submitted the Special Events Coordinator will contact you for further information that will help you plan your Sunfest event.